Saturday, April 10, 2010

Date Night: Attack of the Flaming Cheese

It was a fun and interesting night tonight. Jeff and I found ourselves, for the first time in weeks, with free time, energy, and extra money all at the same time. Usually by Friday we're both so exhausted that we just throw on our pjs, order in, and stare blankly at the TV til we fall asleep on the couch. Tonight, however, inspired by my newly purchased yellow strappy sandals, I decided we should hit the town.

Jeff really wanted to see the movie "Date Night", so we got all dolled up and headed to the 7:40 showing at the Maya (which beats the pants of Edwards Cinema any day!). Since it only came out today, I'll assume that most people haven't seen it yet. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but this is one of the funniest and best movies I've ever seen. Tina Fey and Steve Carell played the most believable, adorable, hysterical married couple I have ever seen on film. The guy behind me in the theater was laughing to hard he kept spitting popcorn at the back of my head.




When the movie was over, we decided that, even though our stomachs ached from laughing, we had better eat dinner, so we headed to Goose Loonies. Our waitress set herself on fire. I'm not kidding. Jeff ordered Saganaki, or as he calls it, "The Flaming Cheese". So our server brought out the cheese, and the shot of 200 proof alcohol, and the matches. She had curly hair full of highly flammable stying products. You do the math. To make matters worse, I couldn't stop laughing. Even before Jeff threw his water on the poor girl, I was nearly on the floor. I told Jeff he shouldn't have ordered me that Long Island Iced Tea.

After a delicious dinner, we left a 50% tip for our poor charred server, and headed home. We were both so exhausted from laughing all night that we changed into our pjs, and sat on the couch staring at the the TV until we both passed out.

2 comments:

  1. I wanna see that movie! no spoils!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like to know some important things. So i adhere to this site for collecting some important and useful article for post and sharing with some of my friends. I like this article. its so nice.
    laser multifunction printers

    ReplyDelete