Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Fifi" and Other Unfortunate Monikers

Went thumbing through and old journal of mine today. I wrote in it periodically from ages 12-17. That's an interesting (and by interesting, I mean hormonally charged) time in the life of a girl.


Yes, I named my journal "FiFi", but in my defense, it was after a WWII B-29 Bomber. I know, thats not really a defense.


When I was twelve, I wrote five full pages about the various prey my cat left on the back porch (mostly gofers). At thirteen, I wrote about how evil my parents were and how readily I was awaiting the sweet release of my eventual death (pretty sure that was right after I "became a woman"). When I was fourteen, I wrote about my friends and copied recipes from the anarchist cookbook (Yes, I have the recipe for napalm. No, I will not give it to you). When I was sixteen, I wrote about boys, well, one boy. Apparently he was the end-all, be-all, only thing I would ever need for eternity...poor guy.

The most entertaining entry was a list of potential child names. And so I present, without further ado:

15-Year-Old Becky's Future Child Monikers

For a girl:

Harmony Bloom

Rosemary Harp

Teardrop Shine

Meadow Lark

Winter Bright


For a boy:

Ransom Byrd

Hansel Skye

Christian Glass

Collin North

Bracken Carter

YIKES! Is it just me, or do all these sound like great names for emo bands?

2 comments:

  1. i really can't decide which name i like best... Teardrop Shine, i'm not sure if i should be sad about the rain or happy about the sun rays.

    Meadow Lark is another great one, that i think you should try to incorporate into your future baby names!

    And i especially like Ransom Byrd... because it's just great! and it definitely does sound like a band name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would seem to me that your commentary are actually not completely rationalized and in actuality you are generally your self not completely convinced of the argument. In any event I did enjoy looking at it.
    Computer Motherboard

    ReplyDelete